This page is under continuous construction.
If you find that any of these links don't work, please e-mail me at BassLine@aol.com
- Lessons and chat. Mostly electric bass.
- For those who play bass in churches. Good Listserv. Also a good set of links to some excellent players.
Double Bass Pedagogy
- Alec Mariani - Very good resource for instructors laying out a technique course. Beginning players wll also find it useful
- John Falstrom's excellent bass instruction book.
- (aka BassLessons.com) Contact instructors, get tips, some on-line lessons
- One of the most recorded bassists of all time. There is a great Tips section on her website, and her lesson books are top notch.
- A gifted and imaginative bassist and instructor with good lessons and lots of links.
- Bass Guitar and Double Bass News, Info, Discussion
- Talented Chicago area song writer and performer
- Longest running blues site on the web
- Grand Rapids, West Lake shore, Lansing, Detroit, Southeast Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Chicago
Instruments and Equipment
- Guitars and beautiful Basses (I own one of these)
- Makers of Electric Upright Basses
Borders Book Stores
- Great book store and patron of the arts (and they even let me play in their stores).
Here are some other performers I've met in Borders:
- Misc acoustic material from a cruise ship player
- Christian publisher and music distributor. One of the two largest suppliers of music to Catholic churches in the United States. Lots of good excerpts from GIA songs at the site.
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians
Oregon Catholic Press
- Christian publisher and music distributor. One of the two largest suppliers of music to Catholic churches in the United States. Lots of good excerpts from OCP songs at the site.
Sites relating to early music, tuning, temperament, and musical acoustics:
- Student's page with interesting paper on modes in jazz. Lots of good references
You will need Winzip to unzip these video files after download, and then an .mpg audio/video player, such as the Windows Media Player or the RealAudio Player, to view them.
- Alien Song - This has nothing to do with bass or church, but it is musical and fun.
42 secs of MPG audio/video in a 2.9 MB file.
It's guaranteed to give you a new appreciation for the universality of Disco music.
And it does have a cool bass line.